Jessica Simpson‘s break came with the release of her debut album Sweet Kisses in 1999.
- Birth Name: Jessica Ann Simpson
- Birth Place: Abilene, TX
- Date of Birth / Zodiac Sign: 07/10/1980, Cancer
- Profession: Singer; actor
With her catchy singles “I Wanna Love You Forever” and “I Think I’m In Love With You,” the CD sold close to two million copies. In the years since, Simpson has released six additional albums.
The singer hit the small screen in 2003, starring alongside her then-husband Nick Lachey for two seasons in the MTV reality series Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica. The show turned them into one of America’s most recognizable (and scrutinized) couples. The two separated in November 2005 and their divorce was finalized in July 2006.
Since her split from Lachey, Simpson’s love life has been a hot topic of conversation. In August 2006, Simpson revealed that she had been seeing musician John Mayer. The couple’s on/off relationship of eight months officially cooled in June 2007.
Since November 2007, Simpson dated Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, though he ended the relationship the night before her 29th birthday in July 2009. In December 2009, Simpson briefly dated Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan; she is currently engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson, with whom she is expecting a child.
- As a child, she was passed over for a part on The All New Mickey Mouse Club in favor of Britney Spears and Christina Aguillera.
- Her infamous “dumb blonde” comments from Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica include: “Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it’s tuna, but is says ‘Chicken by the Sea.’”
- Jessica Simpson Relationships:
- Nick Lachey – Ex-husband
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz – Sister
- John Mayer – Ex-significant Other
- Joe Simpson – Father
- Tony Romo – Significant Other
- Tina Simpson – Mother